Water. Earth. Fire. Air. This is not only an introductory phrase into a dream book or film. These zodiac elements are also an essential base to contemporary astrology. Their meanings change, and they affect each sign — and individual — greatly.
You will know that there are 12 signs of the zodiac, but do you understand the element of every hint?
Fire Sign: Creativity
The very first of the four traditional zodiac elements is fire, and also you do not have to be an astrologer to figure what it signifies. Ancient astrologers connected fire together with the very important force of production — think of their first fireball: the Big Bang. This association still stands.
Fire creates heat in the shape of enthusiasm, action, and want. Individuals born under these lively, extroverted signals are volatile and vigorous, enterprising and brave. They are also restless and impatient, with a ready source of vision and creativity. But they have difficulty accepting limitations, making them prone to perspire.
At the cycle of the zodiac, each one of the zodiac elements has its own function. Earth offers equilibrium. Air communicates. Water instills emotion. But Fire can offer the first burst of creative energy which places the world in movement.
The fire signs, that are known for their energy and drive, comprise the following:
• Aries the Ram (March 20 to April 18), the sign of cardinal fire. It’s impulsive, daring and gifted at setting things in motion.
• Leo the Lion (July 23 to August 22), the sign of fixed fire. It’s vibrant, confident, and brimming with determination.
• Sagittarius the Archer (November 22 to December 21), the sign of mutable fire. It’s independent, adventurous, and spontaneous.
Although those indications differ in several ways, they share the life-affirming energy that fire brings.
Earth Sign: Stability
As the Universe burst into life together with all the fireball of the Big Bang, the cycle of the zodiac climbs off with a burst of fire. Fire generates warmth, light, and motion. However, what’s the purpose of that combustion when it contributes to nothing? With no earth, fire could burn itself out just like a spray of fireworks against the nighttime skies.
Earth signs ground the power of fire by simply turning sizzle into something concrete. They’re secure, sensible, effective, persistent, and materialistic — maybe not always in a bad manner.
Unlike less realistic signs, earth signs understand and esteem material things, such as cash. They are also sensuous, responsive human beings that love the physical universe. Air speaks a storm. And nobody knows the effect of emotion such as water. But if you would like to really get something done, then seem to Earth.
The earth signs, known for their productivity and pragmatic way of life, comprise the following:
• Taurus the Bull (April 19 to May 20), the sign of fixed earth. Taurus is known for its persistence, its longing for security, and – in case you thought that earth signs are only about practicality – its love of pleasure.
• Virgo the Virgin (August 23 to September 22), the sign of mutable earth. Virgo is famed for its analytical mind, its attention to detail, and its tendency to be a perfectionist.
• Capricorn the Sea Goat (December 22 to January 19), the sign of cardinal fire. The Goat is resourceful, conscientious, and ambitious.
These signs share a desire to make a tangible contribution.
Air Signs: Intelligence
Air represents reason and intelligence. It is the part of their intellect, and people born under its influence are well known for their capacity to join the dots. Air signs are bright, inquisitive, flexible, and intellectually restless. Their minds are always busy, constantly looking for understanding. Crazy as it might sound, natives of these signs really consider indications, and they attempt to do it in depth.
They appreciate ideas and enjoy dialogue. Despite their reputation for occasionally being a bit too isolated and objective, they are also very social, linking relatives, friends, along with random strangers to networks of connections. By long-term tradition, every one of the four components was delegated to the 3 signs of the zodiac.
The air signs, which are celebrated for their mental prowess, comprise the following:
• Gemini the Twins (May 21 to June 20), the sign of mutable air. Gemini is known for its curious, lively mind, sparkling personality and capricious ways.
• Libra the Scales (September 23 to October 22), the sign of cardinal air. Libra is recognized for its balanced intellect, sense of fairness, great sensitivity, as well as for the importance it places on partnership.
• Aquarius the Water Bearer (January 20 to February 18), the sign of fixed air. Aquarius is celebrated for its forward-looking ideas, unique and often eccentric interests, and free-spirited personality.
Air signs share a desire to make connections and to communicate.
Water Signs: Emotion
Water signifies emotion, and people born under its influence are inclined to get bombarded with thoughts. Profoundly sensitive, they are active and vulnerable, first responders about the most front of most of.
They are also hugely intuitive and sometimes psychic. They comprise:
• Cancer the Crab (June 21 to July 22), the sign of cardinal water. Cancer is famed for its emotional acuity, sympathetic nature, and love of home.
• Scorpio the Scorpio (October 23 to November 21), the sign of fixed water. Scorpio is recognized for its intensity, magnetism, and ability to burrow deep, both psychologically and intellectually.
• Pisces the Fish (February 19 to March 19), the sign of mutable water. Ruled by elusive Neptune, Pisces is compassionate, impressionable, gentle, and imaginative.
The water signals reveal a psychological sensitivity along with a well-developed sense of intuition.
I hope that you gained a better understanding of zodiac elements from our article. Do stay tuned for more of such content on our blog!